The Waukon Aquatic Center is generally open from Memorial Day through the last full weekend in August. The center is located in the Waukon City Park.
Public Swimming Hours
Monday - Friday: 1:00pm - 5:00pm & 7:00pm - 9:00pm
Saturday - Sunday: 1:00pm - 7:00pm
Adult Lap Swim Hours
Monday - Friday: 5:00pm - 7:00pm
Daily Admission Fees
- 3 years and under FREE
- 4-12 years $4.00
- 13 years and up $5.00
Season Swim Pass
- Individual $75.00
- Family (2 member) $ 120.00
- Family (3-6 member) $150.00
- Family (7+member) $175.00 MUST RESIDE IN SAME HOUSEHOLD
- 10 admissions $35.00
- 20 admissions $60.00
Private Pool Party Rental
Groups may rent the pool in the evening for private parties after our regular public hours. Reservations must be booked at least 5 weekdays in advance. To reserve the pool, call the pool manager at 568-2514. If your date is available, a pool rental agreement must also be filled out and payment made at the pool. Groups must adhere to regular pool rules.
- 1-25 people: $100/hr
- 26-75 people: $125/hr
- Over 75 people: $150/hr
- Everyone must pay admission to enter the pool.
- Admission is once, once out with one exception—persons entering the pool after 4:00pm and wishing to be readmitted in the evening can be stamped for reentry.
- Children age 5 & under must ALWAYS be WITHIN REACH of their attending adult (18 years or over).
- Children ages 6-7 MUST be accompanied by a responsible person 14 years or older.
- Infants and toddlers who are not toilet trained must wear a swim diaper.
- Waukon Park and Rec is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- No refund due to weather or incident.
- No running, pushing or horseplay in line, on stairs or landing.
- Obey lifeguard at all times.
- Riders must be 42" tall to use the slide alone. Persons 16 or older may accompany a child who is not 42" tall (no more than 1 child at a time).
- All users must stay seated or lying down in a feet first position.
- No headfirst sliding, kneeling, standing or stopping in the flume.
- One rider at a time. NO "chain" rides.
- Keep hand inside flume at all times.
- Upon exiting the slide, move out of the splash down area immediately.
- No one is allowed to catch a rider as they exit the slide.
- Report any accidents or injury to the Lifeguard immediately
- A person using the diving area must be able to swim 25 yard upon lifeguard's request.
- One person on the board at any one time.
- The next person waits on the deck until the person ahead is safely on the way to the ladder.
- Only one bounce before a dive.
- Dive straight off the board; swim directly to the closest ladder following a dive.
- No swimming under the board.
- Headfirst dives only.
- No diving from the side of the pool in the diving well.
- No one is allowed to catch a person going off the board.
- No items may be thrown from the boards into the pool.
- No diving during public swim except off of the diving boards.
- No running, rough play, dunking or pushing others into pool.
- Sponge balls allowed in the 3' to 5' area of the pool depending on crowd size.
- Artificial swim aids and flotation devises will not be permitted.
- Talking to lifeguards is not permitted unless it's official business or an emergency.
- Swim mask, snorkels and swim fins allowed in shallow end only.
- Spitting, blowing of nose, spouting water into the pool is not allowed.
- Do not hang on the safety rope.
- Face pool while jumping from edge. Jumping in backwards, flips, and gymnastic stunts are not allowed. Must jump in feet first.
- Riding on shoulder is not allowed.
Pool Facility Rules
- All patrons must take a shower before entering the pool.
- Please use the toilet facilities before entering the pool.
- Any person who is supervising a child 6 years and under, and anyone using the pool area must be wearing a swimsuit.
- No cutoffs, street cloths, aqua socks, street shoes in the pool. Clean T-shirts may be worn over suits.
- No food, candy, drinks or glass containers in pool area.
- Alcoholic beverages and smoking are not allowed in the pool area.
- Persons with infection, open sores, cuts, a cold or other communicable disease will not be admitted.
- Vandalism or stealing will be prosecuted to the fullest extent.
This program is designed to trim and firm the body, increase endurance, flexibility and enhance the cardiovascular system. No swimming abilities required. This program is held at the Waukon Aquatic Center Monday thru Friday from 6:00pm-7:00pm except when there is a home swim meet.
- Single Day Fee: $2.00
- 10 Day Punch Card: $17.00
- 20 Day Punch Card: $30.00
- Beginning Date: Check with the Aquatic Center for Dates.